MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Query map with PostGIS layer

Mike Leahy mgleahy@fes.uwaterloo.ca
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 04:43:06 -0400
Hello all,

I’ve just now been able to get maps working in MapLab, using PostGIS layers
(PostGIS 0.7.5 in PostgreSQL 7.3.4-2, built in cygwin on WinXP).  The maps
display fine, and if I do a point query, that also works fine.  However, there
are two problems that occur when I query multiple objects (i.e., with a box
query instead of a point).  First, and more important, is that the ROSA applet
doesn't seem to like waiting for the map image.  If I go directly to the
IMG_URL parameter for the Rosa applet, the image is there, and looks fine.
But the applet just gives me a white box, with the navigation controls visible.

Second, I get a series of warning messages in the query attributes, such as
the following:

WARNING: BEGIN: already a transaction in progress WARNING: Closing pre-
existing portal "mycursor" WARNING: BEGIN: already a transaction in progress
WARNING: Closing pre-existing portal "mycursor" WARNING: BEGIN: already a
transaction in progress WARNING: Closing pre-existing portal "mycursor"
WARNING: etc...(I think there are two warnings for every row in the attributes
table).

I can turn off warnings in PHP, but that’s already caused problems before when
I was getting errors that I couldn’t fix, when all I needed to see were the
warnings sent from PostGIS.

Any suggestions?
Mike

This mail sent through www.mywaterloo.ca