[maplab-users] Maplab Install on Redhat

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Thu Aug 26 12:26:33 EDT 2004

That's a good point, Paul. I thought we had removed all the short tags
from the code base, but I just did a search and ther is at least one
short tag, though it is related to MapBrowser so it shouldn't affect
mapedit. I'll patch it for release in a bug fix version.

Mark, the MS4W version has a pre-configured maplab.xml file while the
unix version requires some modification before it will work. Still, at
least the version # should be present in the unix version. Is it
possible you have migrated a maplab.xml file from a previous maplab
install? I think to get much further in troubleshooting, I need to see
your maplab.xml file. You can send it off-list if you have security
concerns, but there really isn't anything sensitive and maplab
shouldn't be run on an internet accessible server anyway.

zak
--
Zak James