[maplab-users] ODBC -OGR Connection - OVF file- MapLab

Aldo Tocchio a.tocchio at arpa.piemonte.it
Fri Dec 10 08:46:50 EST 2004

Hi to all,

"""Sorry for my bad english....""""

I replaced my version of MS4w with a new  one (ms4w_1.0.1.zip) . I also installed
the latest  version of  maplab_ms4w-2.2.zip.
Before, (with previous version)  I succeded without problems to link via OGR-ODBC to a Database Access 2000: Now I have always a white screen with a msg error (...)
I tried to read all msg in maplab List, Wiki about following topics:  ogr-connection-ovf file-odbc-maplab-virtualSpatialData-

  *http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0311/msg00610.html*

  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpatialData

  MsTutorialGuide.doc

and many others...but without result.I will happy to have some help:

this is what I have done until now:

1---
I have DSN system sorce: MapLab_AV
2---
In that database there is Tbl_maplab table with x and y coordinate fields.
3---
 my ovf file is :
<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="Tbl_maplab">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:MapLab_AV</SrcDataSource>
	<SrcLayer>Tbl_maplab</SrcLayer>
	<GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
	<GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x" y="y"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>
4---
with ogr2ogr utility I have the following msg:

ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of 'Tbl_maplab.ovf'
using driver `VRT' successful.
1: Tbl_maplab (Point)

 and until here it seems to be right!!
5---
my Layer is:
  LAYER
    NAME "Tbl_maplab"
    STATUS ON
    DATA "Tbl_maplab"
    TYPE POINT
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "Tbl_maplab.ovf"
    UNITS METERS
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    TOLERANCE 0
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    CLASS
      STYLE
        SYMBOL "star"
        COLOR 88 0 0
        SIZE 12
        MINSIZE 10
        MAXSIZE 100
      END
    END
  END

6---
The ovf file is located in data folder of my project( I tried to copy it in all folder to be sure that path was correct
but nothing happened)
7---
the final error is the following one:

DrawMap: MapServer OGR Error: Open failed for OGR connection
`Tbl_maplab.ovf'. File not found or unsupported format. in
/maplab/common/wrapper/drawmap.php
DrawMap: MapServer Image Error: Failed to draw layer named 'mytable'. in
/maplab/common/wrapper/drawmap.php
DrawMap: MapServer OGR Error: Open failed for OGR connection
`Tbl_maplab.ovf'. File not found or unsupported format. in
/maplab/common/wrapper/drawmap.php
DrawMap: MapServer Image Error: Failed to draw layer named 'mytable'. in
/maplab/common/wrapper/drawmap.php

8---
/I will appreciate if someone could me something about it because it is two days I go on to try all possibilities but nothig.
So now I have decided to ask to you
//I hope someone can help!
//And Thanks to everyone for all the great advices///

Aldo

--
Aldo Tocchio
Geologo