MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Fresh Install No Response

Dan Boitnott dan@lclinux.org
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:22:30 -0800
I've set up a fresh install on Fedora Core 1 w/ Apache, PHP, MapServer,
and MapScript.  I've verified that MapServer is working using the Itasca
demo.  All of the info pages (like the one to verify your config in
MapLab) say that MapScript is properly installed.  As far as I can tell
everything's set up according to the instructions.  The server user
(apache) has write access to the whole mapserver folder as well as to the
temp folders involved.  The mapserver application appears without any
errors but when I try to load the tutorial.map file in the editor or
browser it just sits there spinning and eventually times out.  If I
create a new MapFactory project, everything (configuration on the
left-side toolbar, legend with appropriate layers, zoom controls etc.,
and thumbnail map) appears nicely except for the actual map which never
loads.  Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Dan