MapTools.org

[maplab-users] maplab not finding extensions

Doug Nebert dn@mapcontext.com
Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:34:24 -0600
I have given up trying to install maplab under windows web hosting
where I did not have enough control (they deemed executable CGI
programs like mapserv.exe a security problem and disallowed them!) so I
am back to trying to set things up under Linux. In my php.ini file I
have set extension_dir = /home/mapconte/public_html/cgi-bin and have
placed all .so files there, including libproj.so.0 . But still I get
the error when just trying a phpinfo:

Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library './php_mapscript.so' -
 ./php_mapscript.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory in /home/mapconte/public_html/phpinfo.php on line 2

>From the maplab diagnostics:
http://www.mapcontext.com/maplab/htdocs/info.phtml it doesn't see the
mapscript as loaded, configuration error.

I don't know where to begin to fix this, but maplab won't work until
mapscript is seen. I have even tried modifying the include_path in
php.ini to point to the location of the .so libraries, to no avail.

Doug.

--
Doug Nebert
mapContext