MapTools.org

[maplab-users] dl() not working for MapScript...

Paul Spencer pagameba@magma.ca
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:05:03 -0500 (EST)
Mike, you have PHP set up as a module with IIS.  When PHP is loaded as a module, the dl
() function is disabled and you have to pre-configure your php.ini's modules section to
load all required extensions (MapLab requires mapscript, gd and dbase AFAIK).

That being said, MapScript is only just becoming safe to run as a module and has not
been extensively tested.  It is likely that there are still issues with running it as a
module, both with MapScript itself and possibly with applications built using MapScript.

If at all possible, I would recommend running PHP as a CGI.

Cheers,

Paul