MapTools.org

[maplab-users] dl() not working for MapScript...

Mike Leahy mgleahy@fes.uwaterloo.ca
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:02:27 -0500
Paul,

You were right.  Someone else had installed PHP for me, and I didn't know PHP
could be loaded anything but CGI, so I hadn't thought to check.  For some
reason, though, I had real problems changing-over the settings in IIS.  I set
php scripts to be executed using the php.exe, but for some reason, php would
either hang, or reply with a message saying "No Input File" when a webpage was
viewed.  I tried the latest windows installer for PHP, reconfigured the ini
file, and that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Quoting Paul Spencer <pagameba@magma.ca>:

> [...]
> >
> > someone on this list might have experience with the problem.  I checked
> >
> > enable_dl in php.ini, which is identical to the ones on the other
> > servers,
> >
> > and it says pretty much the same as the msg above; that it won't work
> > for
> >
> > multithreaded servers such as IIS.  This surprises me, because it really
> >
> > does work in IIS, minus the latest version released with Win2003.  I
> > don't
> >
> > recall ever having this issue before.
> >

> > I tried adding the MapScript dll as an extension in the PHP ini file,
> > but
> >
> > there seems to be no effect.  The load_module() function is called from
> >
> > globprefs, and is checking to see if the "MapScript" is already loaded.
> >
> > added print_r(get_loaded_extensions()); to the load_module function, and
> >
> > MapScript does not appear in the list even though it is added as an
> >
> > extension in the ini file.  Can anyone suggest what should I be doing to
> > get
> >
> > it to load properly, at the very least from the ini file if not with the
> >
> > dl() function?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >

> > Mike

> > <head>
> >
> > <DEFANGED_META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
> > charset=us-ascii">
> >

> > <DEFANGED_meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">
> >

> >  <!-- <DEFANGED_STYLE>
> >
> > <!--
> >
> >  /* Style Definitions */
> >
> >  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
> >
> > 	{margin:0cm;
> >
> > 	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
> >
> > 	font-size:12.0pt;
> >
> > 	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
> >
> > a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
> >
> > 	{color:blue;
> >
> > 	text-decoration:underline;}
> >
> > a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
> >
> > 	{color:purple;
> >
> > 	text-decoration:underline;}
> >
> > span.EmailStyle17
> >
> > 	{font-family:Arial;
> >
> > 	color:windowtext;}
> >
> > @page Section1
> >
> > 	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
> >
> > 	margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;}
> >
> > div.Section1
> >
> > 	{page:Section1;}
> >
> > -->
> >
> >  --> </DEFANGED_STYLE>
> >

> > </head>

> > style='font-size:10.0pt;

> > style='font-size:10.0pt;

> > style='font-size:10.0pt;
> >
> > font-family:Arial'>I currently running my MapServer/MapScript/PHP
> > etc&#8230; with
> >
> > IIS on Win2K and WinXP development servers without problems.&nbsp;
> > I&#8217;ve
> >
> > just setup the exact same configuration on a new Win2003 server.&nbsp;
> > Now,
> >
> > when I try to load one of my map pages, I get the

> > style='font-size:10.0pt;

> > dl(): Not
> >
> > supported in multithreaded Web servers - use extension statements in

weight:bold'>d:\educal\www\mapviewer\wrapper\utilities.php<
> > /span></b>

> > undefined
> >
> > function: ms_getversion() in <b><span
> >
> DEFANGED_STYLE='font-
weight:bold'>d:\educal\www\mapviewer\globprefs.php</span></