[maplab-users] Labeling issue

kgrootendorst at baird.com kgrootendorst at baird.com
Fri Jul 9 11:51:58 EDT 2004

Zak,
Mapserver was built using the binary 'mapserver-4.2.0-win32-php4.3.4.zip'.
I ran my php_mapscript_42.dll in the dependency walker, and it returned
one missing files:   APPHELP.DLL
Not sure if this is important or not.
Bitmap labels work fine. Just not true type.

Thanks for all your help - I hope we can figure out a solution!

Kevin

Zak James <zak-ms at hoppsan.org>
07/09/2004 11:35 AM

kgrootendorst at baird.com
cc
maplab help <maplab-users at lists.maptools.org>
Subject
Re: [maplab-users] Labeling issue

Kevin,

I spoke with a windows developer here and he told me that freetype is
statically linked in to the mapserver binaries we produce for windows,
so it  wouldn't be a separate dll.

Did you build mapserver from source or are you using a binary version
like the one found in the ms4w package?

There is a useful (free) tool for windows called dependency walker
(www.dependencywalker.com) that will show you which, if any, dynamic
libraries are missing for a given binary. You could just open your
mapscript dll in this application to see whether there is a problem.

zak
--
Zak James