[maplab-users] Virtual Spatial Data

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Tue Jul 27 12:12:28 EDT 2004

Hi Aldo,

> I have last week installed MS4W new version.
> Now I try to use it and it works well for vector and raster (ecw
> too!!) it is great!
> Now I have two question:
> 1:How connect to //microsoft access database to get //points from a
> set of x,y coordinates (I have follow instructions in //
> /http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpatialData. but
> with error result: //
> /c:\inetpub\wwwroot\maplab-2.1-RC3\htdocs\mapedit\preview.php on line /
> /469///

Have you tried using the ovf file you created with the ogrinfo command
line program? The error you're getting suggests there is a problem
rendering that layer and you need to make sure all is well with your
DSN and other virtual driver settings. You could also make sure you can
open an odbc connection with the parameters you have in your ovf file
from something like excel or openoffice.

> ///2: I have 30 raster files with 1:10000 scale and I want to group
> them in one single layer. I have noticed that there is Group
> window..... in /object proprerties Layer.

 From the mapfile reference
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/mapfile-reference.html#layer):
GROUP [name]

Name of a group that this layer belongs to. The group name can then be
referenced as a regular layer name in the template files, allowing you
to do things like turning on and off a group of layers at once

so that should work ok.

zak
--
Zak James