[maplab-users] Image not showing up.

Arun ! arun_usctrojan at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 01:45:40 EDT 2004

Hi,
       I am a newbie user terribly stuck using maplab.The maplab code looks fine and the applet starts but the map isnt displaying.Its displayin all RED.When i test my map file using just mapserver the map shows up but not in maplab.My shp,dbf,shx files are located at http://www.arun.ws/maplab.htm .Can some body please help me.ITs just a starting problem I have as i am a newbie.My map file code is as follows
#
# Start of map file
#
MAP
  NAME "CAL"
  #NAME OF MAP
  STATUS ON
  #SIZE OF MAP
  EXTENT -126 42 -113 33
  SIZE 500 400
  #UNIT OF MAP decimal degrees..
  SHAPEPATH "data"
  IMAGETYPE PNG
  IMAGECOLOR 255 0 0
  #MAP EXTENT
  UNITS DD
  DATAPATTERN "*"
  WEB
    IMAGEPATH "e:\inetpub\wwwroot\tmp\"
    IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
    TEMPLATE "e:\inetpub\wwwroot\geohome\geomap\CAL\mapCALmap.htm"
    EMPTY "http://samurai.ou.edu/geomap/CAL/mapCALnorecords.htm"
  END
  #MAP PROJECTION
  PROJECTION
    #GEOGRAPHIC NAD83
    "init=epsg:4269"
  END
  LEGEND
    STATUS ON
    TRANSPARENT on
    KEYSIZE 18 12
    LABEL
      TYPE BITMAP
      SIZE MEDIUM
      COLOR 0 0 89
    END
  END
  #IMAGE TYPE OF MAP
  # you may need to change this to match your MapServer build
  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "png"
    MIMETYPE "image/png"
    DRIVER "GD/PNG"
    EXTENSION "png"
    IMAGEMODE RGBA
  END
  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #
  #  #  # LAYERS   #  #  #
  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #
  #  #  # COUNTY - FIRST LAYER  #  #  #
  LAYER
    NAME "county"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    DATA "theme1"
    TYPE LINE
    METADATA
      "NoID"    "T"
      "wms_title"    "Zipcode"
      "legend_order"    "101"
      "wms_srs"    "EPSG:4269"
    END
    PROJECTION
      #GEOGRAPHIC NAD83
      "init=epsg:4269"
    END
    CLASS
    #
    END
  END
  LAYER
    NAME "county_anno"
    #cnty Anno
    GROUP "Administrative Boundaries"
    STATUS OFF
    DATA "county"
    TYPE ANNOTATION
    LABELITEM "county_name"
    METADATA
      "wms_title"    "County Labels"
      "wms_srs"    "EPSG:4269"
      "legend_order"    "201"
      "legend_name"    "County Labels"
    END
    PROJECTION
      #GEOGRAPHIC NAD83
      "proj=longlat"
      "ellps=GRS80"
      "no_defs"
    END
    #A COLUMN IN THE DBF FILE YOU WANT TO DISPLAY AS LABEL
    CLASS
      LABEL
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        FONT "ARIAL-BOLD"