[maplab-users] How do you display a layer by attribute?

Ken Sanderson ken at rockies.ca
Fri Jun 25 13:05:08 EDT 2004

Hello all.

How do you set up a map file through map edit to display a layer by an
attribute value. So for example if I have a field called TYPE and in
that field you can have a value of 1-4. I then want to display all 1's
as red, 2's as blue, 3's as green, 4's as yellow on the map.

How do I go about setting that up? I assumed that I would set ClassItem
to TYPE, but not sure how to go about defining a style object for each
value type could be?

Thanks,

Ken