[maplab-users] How do you display a layer by attribute?

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Fri Jun 25 13:55:27 EDT 2004

Ken,

You need to specify a separate class for each value or value range of
the attribute that you want to differentiate. Multiple Style objects
are used within each class to build layered symbolization (for instance
a star within a circle for point markers or a fill with a contrasting
outline for polygons). One serious bug that I can warn you about: don't
give a Style a name in Mapedit or it will break your mapfile. This
problem will be addressed in the upcoming release.

zak

--
Zak James