MapTools.org

[maplab-users] problem with setexpression()

Martin Kiuru Martin.Kiuru@Elion.ee
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:10:47 +0200
Hi,

I am trying to customize maplab-generated application. I need to find
one of the shapes on layer, zoom to it and hilite it. Zoom works fine
using $oMapNavigator->zoomScale(), but I have some problems with
hiliting. My idea was to use setexpression() to display polygon in
different color, but seems I do something wrong...

Here is the part of code from main application:

$oParcelLayer->open();
$oShape = $oParcelLayer->getShape(
$oResult->tileindex,$oResult->shapeindex );
$oExtents = $oShape->bounds;
$oShape->free();

$class=$oParcelLayer->getclass(0);
$class->setExpression($szParcelNumber);

$oParcelLayer->close();

I tried different syntax in setexpression() but without success...

And the layer definition from .map :

LAYER
    NAME "KATASTER"
    STATUS ON
    TYPE POLYGON
    TILEINDEX "kataster"
    TILEITEM "location"
    CLASSITEM "TUNNUS"
    UNITS METERS
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    MAXSCALE 20000
    TOLERANCE 0
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    TRANSPARENCY 20

  CLASS
      NAME "TUNNUS"
      EXPRESSION ""
      TEMPLATE "ttt_query.html"
      STYLE
       SYMBOL 0
        COLOR 255 0 0
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 50 50
        SIZE 1
        MINSIZE 1
        MAXSIZE 100
      END
    END

 CLASS
      NAME "OTHER"
      TEMPLATE "ttt_query.html"
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 0
        COLOR 204 255 255
        OUTLINECOLOR 102 102 255
        SIZE 1
        MINSIZE 1
        MAXSIZE 100
      END
    END
  END

It seems that setexpression() do nothing... Can you help me to my bug ?

Thanks in advice
Martin.