MapTools.org

[maplab-users] The misterious dbase.so problem with MapLab

Emilio Giulio Orsenigo full.throttle@libero.it
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:00:10 +0200
Hi all,
i'm experiencing a strange problem installing and running maplab.
I've read all the related material that i've found here on maplab-users and
via google, but i'm still stuck at the problem.

All is around the dbase.so shared library.
I'm trying to set up MapLab over my RH9 server, with apache,php and
mapserver already up and running perfectly.
I've followed all the directive in the readme file of maplab but... i'm
still blocked.
MapLab search for an dbase.so library as required, and i'm unable to find
how to build/obtain this library.
I've already re-configured and re-compiled php with the --enable-dbase
option, but the dbase.so simply don't appear.
I've read around on the web that the dbase support does not need a
standalone shared library file, but it is simply enough to put on
--enable-dbase in configuring/compiling php. That is, it does not work for
me. (and i may understand: the php code search for the file, but i haven't)!
I'm going crazy for this problem since a week... please, someone help me to
understand this magic! I really don't know how to proceed now ...

thanks in advance

Emilio