[maplab-users] Internal server error with Maplab 2.1-rc3

Jean-Rene Cormier jean-rene.cormier at cipanb.ca
Tue May 25 13:04:43 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 15:26, Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 17:50, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> > Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:
> > > I have installed MapLab 2.1-rc3 on a Fedora Core 1 system with Apache
> > > 2.0.48-1.2 a slightly modified php-4.3.4-1.1 (recompiled from the SRPMS
> > > with some added stuff) and I get an Internal server error when trying to
> > > preview some maps. Here's what I get in my error log.
> > >
> > > Premature end of script headers: php, referer:
> > > /mapedit/toolbar.phtml?sid=40ace85687066
> > > input in flex scanner failed, referer:
> > > /mapedit/toolbar.phtml?sid=40ace85687066
> > >
> > > Anybody have any idea what could be causing this?
> > >

> > Hard to guess given the information we have.  The most common source of
> > crashes of PHP MapScript (which is what you seem to get here), is that
> > you would have used or loaded different verisons of some libraries in
> > PHP and in php_mapscript.so, e.g. PHP compiled with the builtin GD, and
> > php_mapscript compiled with the system GD.

Well I recompiled both PHP and mapserver/mapscript making sure they both
used the same GD lib but I still get those errors. I'll try to give a
bit more info but I'm not sure what info you need.

I have added this to my Apache config so the phtml files are processed
through the standalone php executable and not the module.

AddHandler phtml-script .phtml
Action phtml-script /cgi-bin/php

Though /cgi-bin/php is not the actual php executable, it's a script that
calls php. I had some trouble at first that I've solved with this:

http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/maplab-users/2002-July/000153.html

I don't know if that's what causing the problem.

Here's the content of the .map file that's causing trouble:

MAP
  NAME "Test"
  STATUS ON
  EXTENT -2200000 -712631 3072800 3840000
  SIZE 400 300
  SHAPEPATH "./data"
  SYMBOLSET "./etc"
  FONTSET "./etc"
  IMAGETYPE PNG
  UNITS METERS
  REFERENCE
    STATUS ON
    IMAGE "./images/keymap.png"
    SIZE 100 75
    EXTENT -2.2e+06 -712631 3.0728e+06 3.84e+06
    COLOR -1 -1 -1
    OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
    MINBOXSIZE 3
    MAXBOXSIZE 0
    MARKER 0
    MARKERSIZE 0
  END
  LAYER
    NAME "Ecoregion"
    STATUS ON
    DATA "./Ecoregions_region"
    TYPE POLYGON
    UNITS METERS
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    CLASS
      NAME "Region"
    END
  END
END

Please note that I'm not the one creating the map files I just install
the software on the server ;)

TIA

Jean-Rene Cormier