[maplab-users] Internal server error with Maplab 2.1-rc3

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue May 25 13:41:30 EDT 2004

Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:

> Well I recompiled both PHP and mapserver/mapscript making sure they both
> used the same GD lib but I still get those errors. I'll try to give a
> bit more info but I'm not sure what info you need.
>
> I have added this to my Apache config so the phtml files are processed
> through the standalone php executable and not the module.
>
> AddHandler phtml-script .phtml
> Action phtml-script /cgi-bin/php
>
> Though /cgi-bin/php is not the actual php executable, it's a script that
> calls php. I had some trouble at first that I've solved with this:
>
> http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/maplab-users/2002-July/000153.html

Are we sure that this script calls the php cgi that you just recompiled
and doesn't call an old one previously compiled with the bundled GD or
that shipped with Fedora?

If you recompiled PHP as a CGI, then you can directly copy the file
php-4.3.x/sapi/cgi/php to your cgi-bin directory and it should work
without any script.

I still suspect a GD problem.  To make sure that your PHP was not built
with PHP's bundled GD, look for the HAVE_GD_BUNDLED symbol in the file
main/php_config.h (part of the PHP headers).

You should find it commented out:

   /* #undef HAVE_GD_BUNDLED */

If it is set to something as follows then you are still building with
the bundled GD and you need to find out why:

   #define HAVE_GD_BUNDLED 1

You could also try to not include GD at all in your PHP build, and see
if you still get the error.  That may not solve all your problems since
I think that MapLab requires GD, but at least that would tell us whether
the problem is really conflicting versions of GD or not.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca