[maplab-users] Problems viewing shapefiles generated with fme suite

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Wed Oct 20 10:07:53 EDT 2004

I'm not aware of any limits on the number of shapes. Maybe you should
ask about this on the mapserver_users list as it really doesn't involve
maplab. If you do, I suggest you provide the output from ogrinfo.

zak
--
Zak James

On Oct 20, 2004, at 7:51 AM, publi at infonegocio.com wrote:

> Zak James wrote:
>
>> I suggest you take a look at the extents of your shapefile vs. the
>> extents set in your mapfile. If they don't coincide, you won't get
>> any errors, but you won't see anything either.
>>
>> zak
>> --
>> Zak James
>> Applications and Software Development
>> DM Solutions Group Inc.
>> http://www.dmsolutions.ca
>>
>> On Oct 17, 2004, at 7:48 AM, publi at infonegocio.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>    I have AutoCad 2000 files and i have converted this files to
>>> shapefiles with fme suite. I can view the fme shapefiles generated
>>> with ARCView 3.3, FGIS, MapMaker 3.5 with any problems, but when i
>>> try to view this files with mapserver the result is a white image. I
>>> can view shapefiles generated by me with ARCView in MapServer, but
>>> fme shapefiles generated never. Where is the problem???? Where can i
>>> find other tool to convert Cad files -> Shapefiles???? . Thanks to
>>> all.
>>>
>>> MapServer Version:
>>>
>>> MapServer version 4.2.3 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
>>> SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
>>> SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7
>>> INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE