[maplab-users] MapEdit: Problems with multiple objects f.e. PROJECTION, METADATA

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:33:48 EDT 2005

Sebastian,

We spent some time trying to sort this out. It appears that there was
a change in how serialization/deserialization of objects works in PHP
around version 4.3.9. It's not necessarily a problem in PHP: we may
have made some bad assumptions when we implemented Maplab.
Unfortunately Maplab is in maintenance mode now and we don't have
resources to investigate this further.

If you have time to investigate a fix, you will want to take a look at
mapedit's factory.php file.

zak

On 8/2/05, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> hmm, Zak can you give Sebastian more details on this PHP problem?
>

> jeff
>

> Sebastian Albrecht wrote:
> > Hi Jeff,
> >
> > thanks very much.
> >
> > Are the problems known? I mean do you have an idea of what might go
> > wrong with PHP5? Any PHP functions that do not behave like in PHP4? Or
> > is it an internal ZEND problem?
> >
> > I tried out the compatibility mode setting zend.zel_compatibility_mode
> > = On but this did not work, too. Is there another kind of
> > compatibility mode for telling PHP5 to act like PHP4?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sebastian
> >

> --
> Jeff McKenna