[maplab-users] Maplab installation and configuration

Ivan Kautter ivankautter at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 14 22:03:20 EDT 2005

List subscribers,

I have attempted to install and use maplab under my current Apache2
installation (not ms4w), current mapserver installation, and current php
installation as I installed all these components before I knew of maplab.
In attempting to access the index page for maplab I get the error message
that the session save path does not exist or is not writeable.  What I fail
to understand is how the session save path would be accessible under the
recommended ms4w installation if the path were "C:/tmp" as I think that
would have to writeable for the web server.  Now if I set an absolute path
for session save path in the php.ini file that should be accessible by the
web server under my current configuration, I still get the same error.  So
this is one issue that I cannot resolve.

Further, in merely hunting around, I thought I would try the info.phtml file
to see if that worked.  Unfortunately, the code in that file specifies the
use of the dl() which I gave never gotten to work under Apache2.  Error
message is the standard one for dl() may not be used in a multithread
server, despite the fact that I have it enabled in php.ini.  I, of course,
added the required extensions (php_dbase.dll and php_g2.dll) via the php.in
file.  This seems to make no difference as the script in info.phtml seems to
require the use of the dl() function.  Will this keep me from using maplab
at all?

I am wondering what the possible solution can be to these problems so that I
can use maplab.

I am running under Windows XP home using Apache 2, the lastest php 4,
php_mapscript4.7.

I have the maplab-2.2 folder residing directly under the Apache2 directory
and the pages are accessible but not functioning properly as I stated above.
   PHP is installed directly under C: directory.

Thanks for any assistance that anyone can offer.

Ivan Kautter