[maplab-users] New setup niggles

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:58:11 EST 2005

Hi Lester,

Did you create the original Map file in maplab or a text editor? Why
are there 2 duplicate projection strings in the projection object? It
would be a good idea to remove one of them.

Maplab was not designed to be exposed on the internet as is the case
with your installation. It opens your server up to many potential
security problems. We strongly recommend that only Mapserver or a
complete GMapFactory application be accessible from outside your LAN
without proper authentication in place. Having said this, it's your
call, but I wanted to make sure you were aware of the potential risk.
This is covered in the installation documentation for Maplab.

zak

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:40:58 +0000, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> Zak James wrote:
>
> > Can you be more specific about the sequence of events? I can't
> > reproduce this problem. Maybe you could post the mapfile that exhibits
> > this problem to the list.
>
> You should be able to see at http://home.lsces.co.uk/Maps
> I have the Itasca sample set up, and my own Isle Of Man high res image
> (5700x6200).
>
> MapServer displays them quite happily ( from main links )
>
> When I go into MapLab (Link on the MapServer page, and select
> MapEdit->OpenFile->projects->IsleOfMan->IOM25000.Map Gives a single
> layer IOM25000. Toggle to MapBrowse, and Back to MapEdit and a second
> one appears.
> (ROSA is not working, so I've defaulted to HTML, which is working
> nicely, but I have got ROSA on the development server - so I've not
> duplicated something ;) )
> If I open the Itasca map, then I get problems with 'too many classes'
> and I have to restart Apache to get control back :( Just looking at it
> in MapEdit gives twelve layers with all the same text.

Zak James