[maplab-users] Re: Map doesn't appear in the map-extent

kgrootendorst at baird.com kgrootendorst at baird.com
Fri Jun 10 11:51:09 EDT 2005

Bimal,
I don't know if I can fix your problem but I suggest the following:

1. check your .map file for the following section:
WEB
    IMAGEPATH "C:/web/ms_tmp/"
    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
END
Make sure that the images are being stored in a proper location and that
your project is accessing these folders.

2.  In order for a layer to be 'query-able', it needs some code in the
layer definition in the .map file.
Example:
LAYER
    NAME "Watersheds"
    STATUS Off
    DATA "./GL_watersheds"
    TYPE POLYGON
    CLASS
      TEMPLATE "ttt"
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 8
          COLOR 0 212 255
        OUTLINECOLOR 0 145 190
      END
    END
  END
In the layer definition above, I've indicated Template "ttt" in the class
object.  By including this, mapserver recognizes the layer as query-able,
and will display an attribute table when queried.
The "ttt" is not an actual file.  MapServer will refer to the
'query.phtml' to see how the attribute table should be displayed, etc.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
______________________________

Bimal Achary <bimal.achary at gmail.com>
06/09/2005 02:46 AM
Please respond to
Bimal Achary <bimal.achary at gmail.com>

kgrootendorst at baird.com
cc
maplab-users at lists.maptools.org
Subject
Re: Map doesn't appear in the map-extent

Dear Kevin,

             Thanks a ton for the suggestion.In fact the map is now
inside the view extent. I can view it but couldn't able to do any
opeartions.

Like if i'm zooming-in then the map goes out of the extent and
completely disppearing.So is for zoom out and query opeartions.

I can't do any query.

My map shape file Orissa has 30 ploygons as 30districts.This contains
all demographic details of Orissa and opens the database correctly in
ArcView.How can i view the attributes of my shape file as i see in
Arcview.

I hope i'm clear in explaining my query.

Thanks and regards,
Bimal