[maplab-users] maplab getting projection and extends of data

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Sep 9 08:45:21 EDT 2005

For extents I would recommend using the ogrinfo commandline utility,
which is included in the FWTools package (http://fwtools.maptools.org/),
and is also included in later MS4W versions (in
/ms4w/tools/gdal-ogr-utils/).  For help with ogrinfo usage see the
"MapServer Reference Guide for Vector Data Access" at
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/docs/mapserv/MsVectorDataGuide.pdf.

Projection is always interesting.  If it is not displayed in the ogrinfo
output, you will have to go to the source of your data and look for some
projection metadata...there's no easy way.

jeff

--
Jeff McKenna