[maplab-users] WMS error massages

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 15:34:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

Can you look in your web server's access log and see exactly what URL
is being requested? Does the capabilities document look the same in
the case of that url and the one you tested? What versions of
Maplab/MS4W are you using?

You could try moving the wmsparse.exe file out of your installation.
That way the slower php parser will be used and should report any
parsing errors in the error popup.

zak

On 8/22/06, Oyama Kula <oyama.k at sa-solutions.co.za> wrote:

> I'm trying to connect to the WMS-Server
> http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap? as mentioned
> in the
> section 'Adding a layer'. When adding this server in the 'Manage
> Servers' console I receive the following error-output:
>

> Testing server [test]....OK
> Connecting server [test]....OK
> Building treemenu file....OK
> Building server list....OK
> The following errors occurred:
> 1) Parse returned 1
> 2) The output was:
> 3) An error occurred parsing capabilities.
>
> *** Execution complete - Errors Occurred ***
>
> Connection to the server seems okay an getCapabilities-request like
> http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&WM
> TVER=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS returns the xml-doc. So as the message sais it
> must be the parsing (possibly wmsparse.exe?) going wrong, but how can I
> debug this?

Zak James

Zak James