[maplab-users] Projections in MapLab

Julian Parker julian at mapsolutions.com.au
Wed Jan 25 03:27:26 EST 2006

Greeting Listers.

After a bit of messing around I have managed to get MapLab installed and
running with the tutorial.map etc. I am running into a problem with
altering the projection of a map however. How does MapLab access
projection information? I have created a projection object (e.g.
init=epsg:32750)  but when trying to view the map in MapBrowser I get an
error as follows:

PHP Warning: [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): No such file or
directory in C:\maplab-2.2.1\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php on
line 215 PHP Warning: Failed to open map file
c:/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/1138177389-3443.map in
C:\maplab-2.2.1\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php on line 215 PHP
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
C:\maplab-2.2.1\htdocs\mapbrowser\map.php on line 251

I have had a look at the epsg file in the PROJ4 folder and it lists a
whole host of projections but I don't seem to be able to use any of
them. Any ideas? Or should I be looking more to MapServer to resolve the
issue? If so does anyone know of a way to test how different projections
are set up in mapserver?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can offer!

Cheers

Julian