[maplab-users] Projections in MapLab

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 10:13:20 EST 2006

Hi,

It looks like you may have Maplab installed in the wrong place,
assuming you're using MS4W. Did you download the Maplab 2.2.1 package
for MS4W? You seem to have the generic zip instead of the one
pre-configured for MS4W.

Make sure you have the package from
http://maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html

zak

On 1/25/06, Julian Parker <julian at mapsolutions.com.au> wrote:

> Greeting Listers.
>

> After a bit of messing around I have managed to get MapLab installed and
> running with the tutorial.map etc. I am running into a problem with altering
> the projection of a map however. How does MapLab access projection
> information? I have created a projection object (e.g. init=epsg:32750)  but
> when trying to view the map in MapBrowser I get an error as follows:
>

> PHP Warning: [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): No such file or
> directory in
> C:\maplab-2.2.1\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php on
> line 215 PHP Warning: Failed to open map file
> c:/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/1138177389-3443.map in
> C:\maplab-2.2.1\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php on
> line 215 PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
> C:\maplab-2.2.1\htdocs\mapbrowser\map.php on line 251
>

> I have had a look at the epsg file in the PROJ4 folder and it lists a whole
> host of projections but I don't seem to be able to use any of them. Any
> ideas? Or should I be looking more to MapServer to resolve the issue? If so
> does anyone know of a way to test how different projections are set up in
> mapserver?
>

> Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can offer!
>

> Cheers
>
> Julian

Zak James