[maplab-users] postgis, templates

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Wed May 10 09:33:00 EDT 2006

Hi a9404294,

> 1.)
> i created a map with mapedit, for the result query i want to use a own
> template. But when i create the project with gmapfactory my template isnït
> used by the creation of the files. It always creates a standard query.html
> file. Can anyone say me what i made wrong?

When you set a query template with mapedit, it will be added to the
mapfile and can be used with mapserver cgi. gmapfactory creates a php
mapscript application and provides it's own template. If you want to
change the output, you need to modify the php code that generates it.
You can find it in
maplab/htdocs/gmapfactory/templates/app_query.phtml. Changes made
there will affect any new applications you create with gmapfactory.

> 2.)
> the data i use comes from a postgresql database. there i have to tables
> one for the geometry and the other with projects. So when I click on the
> map I want to highlight the selected area and a new window should come up
> with the projects in this area. So I have to made a select which connect
> this two tables. Is this able i mapedit?

You should take a look at the postgis documentation on the mapserver site:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/postgis

I believe the DATA parameter in a postgis layer is passed directly to
the database so you could do a join there. In Mapedit, just put that
SQL in the DATA input for your layer.

zak
--
Zak James