[maplab-users] Is MapLab really working?

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 09:35:03 EST 2007

Hi,

With the 4.3.9 version of PHP, it should be functional. 4.3.11 had
some changes in how references were handled that broke mapedit. PHP
4.4 resolved the issue so that is the recommended version for Maplab.

Maplab is just php code and should work with any functioning
mapserver/php mapscript installation. You may want to try
http://maptools.org/fgs/ if you're having trouble with your setup.

As always, the fatal drawback of a map editing application written in
php is that things go awry quickly if php mapscript encounters an
error parsing the mapfile and stops execution of php. Since it's easy
to put the mapfile in an invalid state when editing it with mapedit,
this is a common problem.

zak

On 1/8/07, Vito Meuli <v.meuli at tecnologieavanzate.it> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> A bad question to pose, but I really need an answer to it:
> Is MapLab really working?
>
> It's already a week that I'm struggling with it, but on my main server (Red
> Hat Enterprise Linux AS4, with its PHP 4.3.9-3.15) it is unreliable, it
> crashes every 5 mouse clicks...
>
> Now I'm trying with Host GIS Linux, an old one with PHP 4.3.11, but until now
> it doesn't work.
>
> Can you suggest me a reliable way of installing it?
>
> Is it going better with Windows?
>
> Bye
> Vito
>
> --