[maplab-users] Is MapLab really working?

Vito Meuli v.meuli at tecnologieavanzate.it
Wed Jan 10 09:23:41 EST 2007

Hi Zak.
Thank you very much for your useful suggestions.

I'm using FGS (fgs-mapserver_phpmapscript_4.8.2-1.2-linux-i386.bin) and maplab
2.2.1.

It seems to go better, but it is still samewhat unreliable. Maybe it is as you
said about the map application written in PHP. I don't understand why "it's
easy to put the mapfile in an invalid state when editing it with mapedit".
You mean that MapEdit can write an invalid mapfile itself?

I created invalid mapfiles (without a STYLE object wrapping a COLOR statement,
for example) when I wrote them by myself, but I thought that creating and
editing them only using MapEdit would lead to valid mapfiles everytime.

Now i'm try to use it the same, at least trying to find out what a way of
building a mapfile with it can be.
I write mapfiles by myself, with a text editor, but I need to let other people
do this, and they are scared from writing such code lines...

I'll let you know how it is going.
Thanks again!

Cheers,
Vito