[maplab-users] Map Browser Error

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 15:27:52 EST 2007

Rodrigo,

The server you mentioned has been upgraded since Maplab was released
and now requires the service parameter to be set when requesting
capabilities.

You can either modify the php code in
C:\ms4w\apps\maplab-2.2.1\htdocs\common\phpwms\server_data_manager.php
so that it adds SERVICE=WMS to the url or you can change the url you
are requesting to be

http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?SERVICE=WMS&

You will have to make the same change for other urls or places in the
code that generate urls.

Since Maplab is no longer being developed or maintained, you may want
to consider an alternative such as QGIS (http://qgis.org) which can
make WMS connections and export mapserver mapfiles.

zak

On 3/1/07, Rodrigo Carlos S. Studart <rodrigo at eln.gov.br> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I'm a beginner user of MapLab.
>

> I'm trying to select some spatial data from DM Solutions Group's WMS server
> with the following URL:
> http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?
>
> using MapBrowser .
>

> I've received an "Errors Occurred" window and the following error message:
>

> Warning:
> fopen(http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?REQUEST=Capabilities)
> [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Bad file descriptor in
> C:\ms4w\apps\maplab-2.2.1\htdocs\common\phpwms\server_data_manager.php
> on line 1850
>

> I can't connect with the server.
>

> What may I do to fix it ?
>

> Thanks for help.
>

> Rodrigo Carlos de Sousa Studart -Eng° Cartógrafo
>
> Superintendência de Meio Ambiente - EEM
>
> SCN Q6, Conj. A, Ed. Venâncio 3.000    Tel:  (61) 3429-6158
>
> Bloco C, Sala 412 - CEP 70.718-900      Fax: (61) 3328-6019
>
> Brasília/DF

>  Aviso:
> "O emitente desta mensagem é responsável por seu conteúdo e endereçamento.
> Cabe ao destinatário cuidar quanto ao tratamento adequado. Sem a devida
> autorização, a divulgação, a reprodução, a distribuição ou qualquer outra
> ação em desconformidade com as normas internas da ELETRONORTE S/A são
> proibidas e passíveis de sanção disciplinar, cível e criminal. Esta mensagem
> pode ser monitorada".
>
> Notice:
> "The sender of this message is responsible for its content and addressing.
> The receiver shall take proper care of it. Without due authorization, the
> publication, reproduction, distribution or the performance of any other
> action not conforming to ELETRONORTE S/A internal policies and procedures is
> forbidden and liable to disciplinary, civil or criminal sanctions. This
> message can be monitored".

Zak James