[Mapserver-ottawa] help install MS4W

Dharani Babu dharanibabus@hotmail.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:32:12 +0530

Hi all
I am newbie to mapserver usage . I need to develope a web based application
that can render TIGER based maps in web pages .  I downloaded MS4W package
and extracted it to c:/ms4w/ms4w /apache ...etc . but when i tried to run
the apache.exe it shows an error like ..
ServerRoot must be a valid directory . Error in line 57 of
c:/ms4w/ms4w/apache/conf/httpd.conf file.
I stopped IIS and tried running it but the same probs persists .How could i
solve it ? My machine is w 2000 and i tried with a XP machine and the same
probs persists . I even tried it afterdownloading ms4w_0.7.zip also . And
after that I saw htdocs and cgi-bin folders and found that there are some
mapserver related exes ..like mapserv_36.exe and mapserv_40.exe and
phpinfo.php , phpinfo_mapscript36.php etc . So with the help of these exes
and php modules our own map will be rendered right ? or am i missing
anything ? If so what is the diff between mapscript API usage and MapServer
.dll ? what should be my direction hereafter to have my own web appalciation
running with MapServer ? could any of u shed some light on this?

with regards and thanks in advance
dharani , india

Contact brides & grooms FREE! http://www.shaadi.com/ptnr.php?ptnr=hmltag
Only on www.shaadi.com. Register now!