[Mapserver-ottawa] Re: [OGUG] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Creating a new "local-osgeo-chapter" (LONG)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Wed May 31 08:08:58 EDT 2006

I don't see the need to differentiate the Ottawa groups - MapServer Ottawa
is not just "major players", or "commercial oriented".  If we can also
toot our own horn, don't forget that it was the hard hard work of
MapServer Ottawa members that brought the community the first ever Open
Source GIS conference - and the momentum they created is still carrying on
to Switzerland this year.

This joining-forces idea is to create more local interest in FOSS4G.

jeff