[Mapserver-users] not all labels get rendered

Vincent Schut schut@sarvision.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 17:53:36 +0200

In addition to my previous mail:
It seems that mapserver has some problems with some polygons in the shapefile
that cause mapserver not to draw the labels of these polygons. The shapefile
is produced by arcview, and in av I can't find any weird things. I loaded it
into postgres/postgis0.7.5, simplified it using a strk's Douglas Peuker
implementation for postgis (tolerance 0.1025 DD), wrote this to shape again,
and suddenly some more labels appear. But still not all.
I hope that somebody with more knowledge on shapefile/mapserver interaction
thinks this interesting enough to have a look at it :-)
I will be in Brasil next week and probably won't read email and surely won't
be able to test things, so I will put the (simplified) shapefile on the
internet where you can download it for testing purposes. You will find the
shapefile (and dbf/shx files) at www.sarvision.com/vincent .

Thanks!
Vincent Schut.