[Mapserver-users] Configuring WMS CLIENT Function

Thorsten Fischer thfischer@mapmedia.de
23 May 2003 15:56:26 +0200

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 08:58, tomax77@gmx.de wrote:
> Hello umn list,
>
> we've a problem configuring the WMS Client Function of the mapserver. If we
> try to set the parameters "CONNECTIONTYPE" and "CONNECTION" for the different
> layers in the mapfile, they were not visualized in the map application after
> restart. May it be a problem that we used "polygon" and "line" layers with
> this parameters instead of "raster" type.

You answered your question yourself. WMS is only for transfering raster
data. And the answers to queries regarding that data. If you want to
transfer vector data, you want to look at WFS.

For importing a WMS layer, it does not matter what data source the
remote server uses, you will always get a raster image.

>  There is also no error message given
> out.
> Here are our connection settings for a layer:
>
> CONNECTION
> "http://<servername>/cgi-bin/mapserv?MAP=/srv/www/htdocs/testmap
> /demo.map&REQUEST=GetMap&VERSION=1.1.0&LAYERS=Flurstuecksgrenzen&
> FORMAT=image/gif"
                 ^^^

I was just wondering, this does work without an ampersand at the end? I
remember cases where this broke for me.

hth,

thorsten