[Mapserver-users] Strange labelling problem with ArcSDE (possible overflow??)

Geoghegan, Sean Sean.Geoghegan@dsto.defence.gov.au
Tue, 27 May 2003 12:39:57 +0930

------_=_NextPart_001_01C323FD.73C31A50

Hi all,

I am experiencing a strange problem with ArcSDE and mapserver when displaying labels that are derived from attributes that are stored in ArcSDE as short integers.  The values in SDE are usually around the 800-1000 mark however, when mapserver renders the labels they appear as very large negative numbers, around -8 Billion.  The attributes display correctly using ArcIMS and both ArcIMS and mapserver are configured to retreive the labels from the exact same columns in SDE.

Has anyone experience anything like this?  Does anyone know how I might be able to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Sean Geoghegan
Information Exploitation Group
Command and Intelligence Environments Branch
Command and Control Division
Defence Science and Technology Organisation
sean.geoghegan@dsto.defence.gov.au   ph +61 08 82595895

------_=_NextPart_001_01C323FD.73C31A50

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Sec:U Strange labelling problem with ArcSDE (possible =
overflow??)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi all,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am experiencing a strange problem =
with ArcSDE and mapserver when displaying labels that are derived from =
attributes that are stored in ArcSDE as short integers.&nbsp; The =
values in SDE are usually around the 800-1000 mark however, when =
mapserver renders the labels they appear as very large negative =
numbers, around -8 Billion.&nbsp; The attributes display correctly =
using ArcIMS and both ArcIMS and mapserver are configured to retreive =
the labels from the exact same columns in SDE.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Has anyone experience anything like =
this?&nbsp; Does anyone know how I might be able to fix it?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks in advance.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sean Geoghegan</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Information Exploitation Group</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Command and Intelligence Environments =
Branch</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Command and Control Division</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Defence Science and Technology =
Organisation</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">sean.geoghegan@dsto.defence.gov.au&nbsp;&nbsp; ph +61 08 =
82595895</FONT>