[Mapserver-users] Re: html-type legends with perl mapscript

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Tue, 27 May 2003 11:44:08 -0400

Puneet Kishor wrote:

> Eventually I want to create (html legends) with
> keyboxes I can click on and open up color-selectors, and layer names
> with checkboxes I can use to turn them on or off, or entire layer
> elements I can select for querying purposes, etc. See, I need to be
> able to build the individual components of a legend/layer control...
> and the keybox is one of the denominators. drawLegendIcon seems to be
> the ticket, as soon as I get it working, that is.

Have you considered using the HTML legend templates?  They are a bit
complicated to understand, but they allow you to do that kind of stuff
already:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/html-legend-howto.html

Also look at legend#3 in the following demo, it shows layer names with
checkboxes:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/msapps/itasca_legend/demo_init.html