[Mapserver-users] Configure: Same old error - can't find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so

Stephen Diercouff sgd@tfm.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 12:26:44 -0700

> You will need gd and gd-devel packages - got those already?
> In case you are not aware, you do not need to use cygwin to run mapserver
> on windows.  Unless you have a particular reason for doing so, I would
> suggest that it is a waste of time when windows binaries are readily
> available for download and almost immediate use.

Hi. I'm new to this list, and subscribed at this time specifically because
of the same issue. The original poster stated that gd.h and libgd.a were
installed already. This looks like an autoconf problem to me. Configure bombs in
the exact same place on FreeBSD 5.1. I've not spent much time on it other than
running autoconf in case the distributed configure script was broken.
This is with mapserver-4.0.2. If anyone knows a quick fix I'd love to hear it.
Otherwise I'll bang on it myself when I get the time. BTW, nm tells me that
gdImageSetAntiAliased IS defined in libgd.a (I installed gd-2.0.23).

--Stephen