[Mapserver-users] Configure: Same old error - can't find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell@lignum.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 15:27:04 -0700

> Hi. I'm new to this list, and subscribed at this time specifically
because
> of the same issue. The original poster stated that gd.h and libgd.a were
> installed already. This looks like an autoconf problem to me.
> Configure bombs in
> the exact same place on FreeBSD 5.1. I've not spent much time on it
other than
> running autoconf in case the distributed configure script was broken.

You get the same behaviour on FreeBSD then?  At least I can't tell YOU to
try the binaries :)  There is a bug reporting tool you could/should
probably use and see if others can trace this for you.  I don't see any
bug entries that have "gd.h" in them.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/bugs/index.cgi