[Mapserver-west] user defined map point

Jeramie Gatchell jeramie at idghelp.us
Tue Jun 21 16:55:47 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

I have a mapping app using mapserver on IIS 6.0 on a windows 2003 server and
we currently map real estate projects in the northern California area.. So
basically a user of the application chooses a few projects in a given area
and the mapserver comes up with those projects plotted on the map to show
their geographic relation to one another along with major roadways (which
I'm having problems with as well, but I'll hit you guys up for info on that
later).  What we need to be able to add is the ability for a user to click a
spot on the map and have the map add a marker at that point.. we would then
allow the user to enter in a project name and some other info and print it
out..  so the question is I guess, is there a way to pass a variable that
defines the location on that map back to mapserver and have it put a marker
at that point.. I think I can handle the rest of it.

Thanks a lot in advance, and sorry in advance for my lack of mapping
knowledge.

Jeramie