[Mapserver-west] Refresh Screen

Ken Lord kenlord at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:49:49 EDT 2005

Hi Dean,
 You can attack the problem in a few ways, but the Rosa applet is for adding
map tools onto your map. I'm not so happy with Rosa anymore, users with
WinXP and the latest JVM tend to encounter refresh problems with it.
 I've done it one way by keeping the map within its own frame, and placing
layer controls / legend / other stuff in another frame. You could also use
an Iframe.
 My site is here:
 http://24.87.220.99/ms/iwafs.html
 It loads by default with the Rosa applet. You can switch it to a regular
non-rosa version using a link in the 'problems/help' tab.
 ... It's still a fairly slow website, but blame that on all the crap I have
running on my aging home computer and the limits that Shaw puts on uploading
data from home connections. If you view it in the evening, my video game
addictions may prevent it from loading for you, best to try it during the
day (pacific time).
 Another way, used at my day job, is a Flash interface. All the map
parameters are controlled by the interface, it sends requests for new maps.
Only the map image itself and the scale bar need to reload when you refresh
the view. This website has been demonstrated publicly, but is for a private
client.
 I'd like to see a simple portable Flash interface available for anyone to
use in place of the Rosa applet, there's a couple out there that aren't
really there yet.
 I'm sure other people have other ideas ... such as javascript reloading the
image source etc.
 Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC