[Mapserver-west] georeferencing with GDAL

Ken-ichi kenichi.ueda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:27:13 EDT 2005

Hi all.  First, it was great meeting many of you at OSG '05.  Always
good to put faces to names.

Second, forgive me if this is OT, but how do you georeference with GDAL?
  According to the docs, gdalwarp can take a raw file with GCP "control
information" as input, but how do you save the control info to the file?
  Is there a way to do it with an external file of GCPs?  Or is there a
way to save GCPs to the file within Erdas IMAGINE?  I basically have a
whole mess of raw tiffs with GCPs that I need to georeference, and it
would make my life a lot easier if I could just automate it with GDAL.

Thanks.

-Ken-ichi