[Mapserver-west] New Member

Ken Lord kenlord at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:21:00 EDT 2005

Hi Bruce,
 I've been trying to access the new image web server, I get the test image
when I follow the 'getmap' link you gave the list, but I haven't been able
to get much of a response out of the server otherwise.
 With a 'getcapabilities' request, internet explorer fails with an xml error
instead of asking me to save / open the xml file. Netscape 7 / Firefox
handle the request fine.
 I've tried several softwares trying to display layers:
 MapServer 4.4.1 -- I am probably using the wrong settings
Jump 1.1.2 -- could not connect
Udig 1.0 -- can read the layer names, no layers are drawn.
Gaia 2 -- no response
ArcGIS 9 -- can read the layer names, but no layers are drawn.
 Do you have any ideas that might help get me into those pretty pictures?
 Thanks,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC