[ms4w-users] Why mapscript40 and 42 can only generate GIF?

Fu Chen fchen at ne.rsgs.ac.cn
Tue Oct 26 04:17:52 EDT 2004

Hi!
I install ms4w0.9 and gmap demo. But I find it very weird that two dlls php_mapscript_40.dll and php_mapscript_42.dll can only output GIF format however the ms_Version() said they also support JPEG, PNG. I change all formats to JPEG(like scripts below), they still output  new GIF in temp directory. But if I use php_mapscript_36.dll, I at once get JPEG file.

if (strpos( ms_GetVersion(), "OUTPUT=GIF") > 0 )
{
  $gAppletImgFmt = MS_JPEG;
  $gImagesFmt = MS_JPEG;
}