[ms4w-users] MS4W with PostGIS

Mike Leahy mgleahy at fes.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 14 09:14:35 EST 2005

Hello list,

Has anyone else had any difficulty displaying regular point layers from a
PostGIS 1.0RC2 database to draw in Chameleon/MS4W?  I'm currently using MS4W
1.0.3, with Mapserver 4.4.1 on a WinXP box.  I had no troubles until updating to
PostGIS 1.0 (currently RC2).  I can get a map to draw without errors if I use
other non-postgis layers (e.g., the Chameleon sample data).  However, if I add a
PostGIS points table as a layer, it doesn't get drawn at all by mapserver.  I
re-ran shp2pgsql from the original points shapefile, and recreated the table
just to be sure (no errors), and the data seem to check out fine in
PostgreSQL/PostGIS.  I've also tried altering the mapfile to make sure it's not
an issue with the projection, but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might look to find the source of
this problem?

Thanks
Mike