[ms4w-users] Server Crash with ms4w version 1.0.3

Frank Broniewski Frank.Broniewski at mnha.etat.lu
Wed Jan 12 04:21:22 EST 2005

Hello all

I have a problem with adodb http://adodb.sourceforge.net/ when I want to
upgrade my ms4w version from 29.11.04 to the latest version.

I use adodb to interact with a ms access database. With my current version
of ms4w (php 4.3.7.7) everything works like expected, but when I use the
latest version of the ms4w package (1.03) I get a "500 internal server
error" message from apache and windows xp wants to send an error report
because php crashed.

I could relate the crash to the initialization of the Connect to the
database. I post the code so you can see, how I connect to database:

$db = &ADONewConnection("ado_access");
$myDSN = 'PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA
SOURCE=c:\db\epc-work\epc_master.mdb;USER ID=;PASSWORD=';
$db->Connect($myDSN, "", "", "");

The crash occurs within the last line: $db->Connect($myDSN, "", "", "");
When I comment this line out, everything works, except database interaction
of course.

Is there an known issue with php 4.3.10 or did something change within the
configuration of ms4w which could cause such an error?

Greetings from Luxembourg
Frank

Frank Broniewski
Musée National d'Histoire et d'Art