[ms4w-users] mapserver and postgis doesn´t work

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 8 09:10:10 EST 2005

Hi,

that's quite an advanced setup you want to create. I hope you already have
some experience with the tools you are gonna use ...

Okay, to help you getting started, I can send you my MAP file (attached)
and the things I did to put my data into PostGIS using a shapefile as a
datasource.

You can also checkout the PostGIS workshops from:

http://www.omsug.ca/osgis2004/proceedings.html

--

initdb
pgstart

env
createdb bart

C:\pgsql75win>psql -d bart -f share/contrib/postgis.sql
C:\pgsql75win>psql -d bart -f share/contrib/spatial_ref_sys.sql

load shapefile:
C:\pgsql75win>shp2pgsql -D F:\pgsql75win\data\t50_vlakken_region.shp top50
bart > f:\top50.sql

load the written sql file:
C:\pgsql75win>psql -d bart -f f:/top50.sql

create spatial index
psql -d bart
CREATE INDEX top50_geom_idx ON top50 USING GIST (the_geom
GIST_GEOMETRY_OPS);

vacuum analyze;

Best regards,
Bart