[ms4w-users] ms4w on XP Media Center

Raj Singh rajsingh at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 28 09:03:24 EST 2005

You can use netstat.exe to list ports in use. Check out this page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=842242#7

-Raj

-----Original Message-----
From: ms4w-users-bounces at lists.maptools.org
[mailto:ms4w-users-bounces at lists.maptools.org] On Behalf Of Richard A.
Milewski
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 7:16 PM
To: ms4w-users at lists.maptools.org
Subject: [ms4w-users] ms4w on XP Media Center

I'm a mapserver newbie, and I've hit a problem installing ms4w on a box
running XP Media Center Edition.

Running apache-install.bat generates the message:

(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network
address/port)
is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no
listening sockets available, shutting down Unable to open logs The service
name is invalid.

There does not appear to be another instance of Apache or any other web
server running on this machine (unless there's a service whose name I
don't recognize as a web server).

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to track down the conflicting
service?

-- Richard