[ms4w-users] postgres 8 / postGIS 1.x

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 20 12:03:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

I can't speak for FGS, but I can say that for MS4W the PostgreSQL 7.5 /
PostGIS application was created before the days of the nice Postgres
installer (for version 8.0), which now exists.  Now all that
MapServer/MS4W users have to do is run a simple Postgres and postgis
installer and they will be installed on their system...so that is why
(for MS4W) the postgres package is out of date.
However from checking the download stats i see that the Postgres MS4W
package is still very popular.  So I will look into upgrading it, if
that is possible with the new installers.

jeff

Gregory S. Williamson wrote:
> It looks as if the newest build on the MapTools site for both windows and linux use postgres 7.4 and an earlier postGIS. I've got a new version of postgres 8 and the new postGIS running on both windows and linux boxes and would like to integrate them with MapServer.
>
> Any hope of this part of upgrading the postgreSQL component of this great contribution (to MMS users, to sanity of those who can't compile freely, etc) ?
>
> I did check the archives but didn't find anything recent ... sorry if this a FAQ.
>
> Greg Williamson
> DBA
> GlobeXplorer LLC

DM Solutions Group Inc.