[ms4w-users] problem with line layers

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 27 19:19:05 EDT 2005

Hmm, MapServer CGI mode is a little different than working with MapLab
or GMap, because both GMap and MapLab use PHPMapscript in the backend,
which is different than CGI mode.  In CGI mode if you want to see your
layers all of the time set the layer STATUS to be DEFAULT....if you have
STATUS ON for the layer you would have to then specify another parameter
in your url ("layer" i believe)...see
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc46/cgi-reference.html.

jeff

Sistema de Información y Planificación Ambiental wrote:
> I´m working with MS4w 1.03 on win xp sp2. I´ve created several map files
> using including polygon, point and line layers. But when I try to view
> them by calling mapserv via cgi-bin,
> (http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/maplab-2.2/lp/lp_lineas.map&mode=map)
> the line or point layers don´t show up, but polygon ones do.
>
> The funny thing is that if I use the same map file with maplab or gmap,
> everything is ok and all layers are shown.
>
> Any clues?
>

> Ing. Sergio D. López
>
> Sistema de Información y Planificación Ambiental
>
> Secretaría de Política Ambiental – Provincia de Buenos Aires.
>
> Torre Gubernamental II – Calle 53 esquina 12 - Piso 14
>
> La Plata
>
> TE 0221-429-5579 int:15526 - 15507

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca