[ms4w-users] Displaying MySQL point over MapDHTML or MapImageSharedResource widgets under Chameleon

Carlo Tronnberg temp at chello.hu
Tue Nov 15 14:25:24 EST 2005

Dear List,

Sorry for this rather long message, but I need to get an answer as soon as
possible and want to be clear from the beginning. I have a feeling that this
can be useful to MANY newbies like me out there.

I have some MySQL data (basically latitude, longitude, color of the icon)
that I want to plot on a map.

This is rather urgent...

1.
I use the SQLQuery Widget to get the data and tried out the
"MapImageSharedResource" Widget which sounded very promising, extracting
directly the points from the sharedresource returned by the SQLQuery.

Here is an extract of the code I used with the "MapImageSharedResource"
Widget:
__________
<CWC2 Type="SQLQuery" sqlquery="SELECT latitude, longitude FROM dealer"
Server="localhost" DBTYPE="MYSQL" Database="test2" UserName="root"
Password="1234" SharedResourceName="MyResult2">
    <ONEVENT Event="ConnectFailed" Text="Connection failed."/>
    <ONEVENT Event="SelectDBFailed" Text="Databse don't exist."/>
    <ONEVENT Event="QueryFailed" Text="Query failed."/>
    <ONEVENT Event="NoRowReturned" Template="noresult"/>
    <ONEVENT Event="GeocodeFailed" Template="error"/>
</CWC2>

<CWC2 TYPE="MapImageSharedResource" id="inline" Width="500" Height="250"
Navigable="false" Transparent="true" SYMBOLOVERLAP="true"
AUTOEXTENT="false">
    <POINTS NAME="START" SRNAME="MyResult_IMAGE" SRLATCOL="latitude"
SRLONCOL="longitude" type="unique" LABEL="Team [$MyResult_IMAGE.Id]"/>
    <MAP POINT="START" TYPE="STYLE" PARAM="color" VALUE="00FF00"/>
    <MAP POINT="START" TYPE="STYLE" PARAM="size" VALUE="25"/>
    <POINTS NAME="END" SRNAME="Elu" SRLATCOL="gps_lat_degree"
SRLONCOL="gps_long_degree" type="unique" LABEL="Team [$Elu.team_id]"/>
    <MAP POINT="END" TYPE="STYLE" PARAM="color" VALUE="0000FF"/>
    <MAP POINT="END" TYPE="STYLE" PARAM="size" VALUE="20"/>
</CWC2>
___________
Unfortunately this doesn't work well. After some tweaking I got the map
generated OK but a lot of error messages in the web page which cannot be
removed.

Error message:
Notice: Undefined property: sName in
C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php on line 1073.

I went through all the material online I could find but I simply could not
make it work well. Am I missing something?

I use ms4w_1.2.2 and chameleon_ms4w-2.2
Is it possible that the versions I use do not work properly (too new?). I
also tried ms4w_1.3.0 but that gave even more errors with PHP (not even the
Cameleon samples worked!)

2.
I have generated a pretty nice environment based on the Chameleon samples,
using the MapDHTML widget for the map. Unfortunately I do not know how to
get MySQL points on it via the mapserver.

Can the MapDHTML Widget also get points added to it in the same way as the
MapImageSharedResource Widget can?

3.
Anotherway around... If the MapImageSharedResource works correctly, is it
possible to make it behave as the MapDHTML widget (Navigation...) so it can
be integrated instead of it in the Chameleon samples?

A lot of questions from a desesperate newbie... (I went through the Mailing
lists and could not get the answers...)

Best Regards,

Carlo Tronnberg