[ms4w-users] install chameleon unsuccessfully

Xiuxia Liu xliunl at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 16 09:29:28 EST 2005

Folks,

  I tried to install the latest version of MS4W and Chameleon into  another computer without MS4W perviously, but failed. I followed the  installation guide, as follows:

  1, extract MS4W and unzip into the root of C:, so I have C:/ms4w. I  tested it by trying http://localhost, finding it installed successfully.

  2. extract and unzip chameleon-2.2.1 under ms4w/apps, and rename chameleon-2.2.1 as chameleon, so I have C:/ms4w/apps/chameleon.

  3. add httpd_chameleon.conf under ms4w/httpd.d. In httpd_chameleon.conf, I have the content as follows:

  Alias /chameleon/admin "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/admin/htdocs"
  <Directory "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/admin/htdocs/">
    AllowOverride None
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  Alias /chameleon/docs "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/docs/html"
  <Directory "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/docs/html">
    AllowOverride None
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  Alias /chameleon/samples "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/samples/htdocs"
  <Directory "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/samples/htdocs">
    AllowOverride None
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  Alias /chameleon/cwc2/contexts "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/cwc2/contexts"
  <Directory "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/cwc2/contexts">
    AllowOverride None
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  Alias /chameleon/cwc2/templates "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/cwc2/templates"
  <Directory "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/cwc2/templates">
    AllowOverride None
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  Alias /chameleon/cwc2 "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/cwc2/htdocs"
  <Directory "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/cwc2/htdocs">
    AllowOverride None
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  Alias /chameleon "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs"
  <Directory "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs">
    AllowOverride None
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  After all the procedures, I restarted Apache, but in the Applications  sector of http://localhost, I still got the message "There are  currently 0 ms4w applications installed."  Can anyone tell what's  wrong with my installation?

  Thanks.

  Col